Thursday 12 May 2011

Leeds Festival Fringe: Typeface Research

Following yesterday's meeting with Dan, a quick hour tonight was spent researching into suitable typefaces for the LFF promotional materials.

Raleway


Quicksand

Hero

Having selected (in my opinion) the most suitable three in reference to 'clean, quite bold and not over the top', I mailed them off to Dan for a quick bit of feedback; to which his reply was

'Raleway, but a little bit bolder. Anything in that area'.

As Raleway is only supplied in the one weight 'thin', I continued my search and eventually selected to work with Gotham Rounded; a perfect choice for the stylistic qualities Dan is looking for...

I have a hunch at this moment in time that a use of capitals will be more suitable for the concept and context of the promotion, but development will ultimately decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment