Saturday 12 March 2011

Fine Art Yearbook: ABC Student Handbook

Having a trawl through some design studio websites this morning lead me to find this beauty by Your Friends; a Norwegian set up that consistently deliver considered typographic publication design. (I can forsee these rapidly becoming one of my favourites).

What I admire about this student handbook in relation to our Fine Art Yearbook is as follows:

01. A fine balance between type and image
02. Creative and experimental use of grid systems
03. Minimalist approach to typography

I have to say I also quite like the over-sized and unconventional page numbering system that enhances the boldness of the typesetting. Daring I think...


Lastly, the contrast between cover stock and content stock is an aspect I believe we should also try and deliver (budget allowing) for our publication. Your Friends have proved that this can work whilst maintaining a sense of coherence.

No comments:

Post a Comment