Tuesday 8 March 2011

Mutton Quad: Frey & Ford

This Fray and Ford stuff caught my eye today also. It's very classy, but in a slightly different way to the Brompton branding... a little less snobby I feel.

The decorative serif together with the stripes remind me pretty much of an old style sweet shop. You know, when it would have been spelled Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe. The whole thing is a bit more friendly. This is something I haven't considered, but it's a bit late in the day for that. I've got my tone and I'm going to run with it. Confidence through conviction.

Anyway, main interest was the application of type without image - seeing how I can make use of the space I may have left over with a relative straight-forward menu.

Obviously the brand across different media is important, but thats pretty much a standard with this brief.

Mmmm... very nice identity though.

No comments:

Post a Comment