Wednesday 2 March 2011

Mutton Quad: Logo Development 02 (+ Concept)

After a bit of deliberating I have decided to name the restaurant BOWL for what I believe is a fairly obvious reason. (I wanted to use a typographical term that contextually referenced eating in some way).

As the workings out show, I've also begun to note down a list of British type designers due to my decision to make the restaurant British in it's theme. I do admit that I have taken reference from Canteen slightly, but I don't want to pin it down as far as they have...

I'd like the place to be conceptually more open. Just classy food with a touch of British. Browns also comes to mind if any of you have ever been there?

[image here]

Anyway, I was quite impressed with the typefaces that us Brits are accountable for - Baskerville, Gill Sans and Georgia to name a couple.

At present I think I am going to develop the brand identity around a British typeface and use only these for all the printed materials.

As for coming up with a food menu... I think I will have to be less selective if I want to make references to typography successfully and consistently.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment