Friday 4 March 2011

Mutton Quad: Browns Menus

These are a select few menus from Browns.

I have mainly looked at these to reference dish names so I can begin to compile my own menu and reference typographic terminology.

Design wise they are okay. Well, alright... they're awful except the main menu. I quite like the format of that and it's an interesting hold. Having been there myself it feels about right given its context, so all good.

Overall the layout is a bit bland, although it is trying to get a lot of information into a small area...

With my menu, I'm currently thinking of using a flat sheet like the main menu here. I'm likely to keep it relatively simple - less folding and faffing about. The deadline is tight now and I have more important briefs to get completed. I need to be realistic.

I'm not going to have masses of content either like these examples. Certainly not enough to design multiple menus. It's likely that starters, mains, desserts and drinks will be the lot. Again I don't want to waste more time than what is necessary on this part, I want to get designing and keep the flow going. The concept needs to shine through though, it'll be a balancing act.

Finally, I'm not using image. No time and no need. I can't be doing with waiting to get permission to use pre-existing images and there aren't any photographers in the college at the moment who have photographs I can use.



No comments:

Post a Comment