Saturday 5 March 2011

Garry Barker: Identity Development 03

Following the essay booklet work I've also taken a stab at improving the identity - although theres not much I can really do.

I think the use of a black box will eventually be incorporated back in, so for now I am just playing with setting Garry Barker in Griffo Classico.

I do feel like i'm just tweaking letter spacing and altering the kerning pairs here and there, but I guess it will be important in the end.

The last little attempt of a combined G and B was a complete failure, but it was worth a bash.

Oh, I also had a go at flattening the bottoms of the foot-serifs on the r's, k and upper case B. I didn't really want to push it however as the main reason Garry liked (and paid for) the typeface was because of its unusual characteristics.







No comments:

Post a Comment