Monday 7 March 2011

Mutton Quad: Menu Content Development

This morning I spent roughly 2-3hrs developing the main menu content for Bowl. It's a little sad that all I have to show for my idea generation are these two sheets of notes, but it was a lengthy process that took a lot longer and a lot more effort than these notes show. (I will have to reference the websites and books that I used to extend my knowledge in detailed typographic terminology).

Anyway, my main aim (as previously mentioned) was to unite food and typography through common terminology - or terminology that at least shares a similar sound when you speak it... this is an aspect I have adhered to since the generation of the brand identity itself.

The key 'eureka moment' I feel that I've had is the idea to name each section of the menu under conceptually aware umbrella headings...

Opentypes / Starters
Truetypes / Main Meals
Postscripts / Desserts
Swashes / Drinks

I think this one strong feature of the menu that will definitely assist in the smooth-running of the layout/design process.

Lastly, the cheesey taglines that I have come up with so far such as:

Whats FFor DINner? and X-heighting Uppercase Dining! could all be used for promotional print based media that may extend the brief after the original ISTD deadline.

All-in-all a good mornings progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment